- March 10 – Federated Garden Clubs of District III Educational Conference at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens.
- April 13-15 – Deep South Convention, Tampa, Florida at the Downtown Hilton – Cancelled on March 16, 2020 Note: The hotel will not automatically cancel reservations – you need to call the hotel. DS will refund registration fees, but be patient.
- April 26-28 – Garden Club of Alabama Convention, Perdido Beach Resort – Cancelled on March 17, 2020. Note : The Perdido Beach Resort will automatically cancel reservations and refund deposits. Registration fees will be refunded, but be patient.
- May 7 – District I Spring Meeting and Luncheon Cancelled.
- May 7, 8 (Thur & Fri) – North End Council of Garden Clubs of District III hosts a standard flower show at the Gardendale Civic Center titled” Adventures in Wonderland” [contact Judy Burton 205-631-2895 or 205-240-4617]
- May 9 (Sat) – Blue Star Memorial Marker Dedication at the Huntsville, AL Veterans Museum
- May 11-16 – NGC Convention, Milwaukee, WI Cancelled.
- May 16 (Sat) – Blue Star Memorial Marker Dedication at the USS Alabama Battleship Memorial Park in Mobile
June 1 Deadlines
– GCA Dues are due along with a club roster to the GCA Treasurer, Rhea Brightwell
– Club roster due to the Hortensia Circulation Manager, Mary Summerville for mailing list
– Summer-Fall Hortensia Ads due
August 26 (Wed) – GCA Board Meeting. Arrowhead Country Club, 50 Osala Dr.,Montgomery, AL 36117. 9-10 Executive Board (Camellia Rm), 10 Gen. Board Meeting in Ballroom. Program will be Awards.
October 29 (Thur) – District I Fall Meeting. Details TBA later.